Thursday, April 05, 2007

Update from Dr. McOmber

We heard from Dr. McOmber on Monday and unfortunately he believes it is time to do another balloon angioplasty to expand the stent. He is contacting Dr. Recto, who did the stent implementation last April to see when he has an opening - this took over 2 months last time so, probably sometime this summer. Although this is not the news we were hoping for we are grateful that this can be done and Dr. McOmber said that he doesn't see any reason that they won't be able to fix this in the cath. lab the same as last time. I'll update when we have a date. I think most of you heart parents know that although I'm grateful and know that things could be worse, my heart is still breaking at what our Little Braveheart has to endure.

Also, American Heart Association called yesterday and they want our heartwalk "Team Brave Hearts" to be in a photo shoot next Thursday for their banners, posters and website! I'm so excited - I'll post the pic's when I get them!

5 comments:

Erin said...

How wonderful that Team Braveheart gets to be in all the banners and such! How awesome!

*hug* about the cath... our kids endure so much - and just keep smiling. Amazing aren't they?

Thank you, for the comment on Nova's blog today -- it means so much to me that his memory still lives in others' hearts and minds.

SUGGS FAMILY said...

I hate that Evan has to have a cath. I hope you don't have to wait too gosh awful long for a date. Our kiddos definetly endure more than most - I hate it, but they are incredible. They teach us what strenghth is.

Happy Easter! Kudos on the AHA deal!

Becky

Krystal said...

I have really been missing seeing new pics of Evan, so what a treat to see the slide shows today!!! I am so sorry to hear that Evan has to have another cath - I was really hoping that he would get a break for a while! Congrats on the AHA stuff -- Team BraveHearts rocks!!!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Gosh... it's so hard being the parent of a heart kid, isn't it...
I'm sorry... I hate it as well...
these poor little guys have to go thru so much...
makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

How great with the Heart walk thing! :) So sorry that you didn't get the news you wanted, but I am so realieved for you guys that it can be taken care of with a heart cath. You know we are praying :)