Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cardio Appointment Update





Evan had a cardio appointment yesterday. I love that Evan loves to go there. He pictures it more going to visit friends than going to the Dr. That speaks for just how awesome our Dr. and his staff are. While doing the echo Dr. McOmber and Evan just talked and laughed trading Disney stories as he went the week after us. When he was done Evan asked Dr. McOmber if everything was great and he told him that the straw wasn't great - Evan asked him if it was broken and he told him absolutely not and that no cath was needed - Evan gave a big waahoo to this. Dr. McOmber told us that there has been no change since June. Since the pressures changed so quickly from April to June he expected them to continue to get worse and that isn't happening. We expected to be scheduled for a cath. on Christmas break but Dr. said that since there isn't a need for something to be done right now he didn't think it was time for a cath. He said that Evan's heart looks great, the donor valve isn't leaking one bit and his heart isn't enlarged. This pesky left pulmonary artery is always going to give us fits I guess. So we were told to have a wonderful holiday season and we could come back in Feb.! He did reassure us that if he thought Evan was going to need a cath in early 2010 he would go ahead now while he was on break but that, he didn't think that would happen. Evan has now gone 1 whole year without a cath, surgery or even a vent scan!

Have to share something funny that happened this morning. Last Fri. I went Christmas shopping and got some great deals. I put all the stuff in the very back of our Explorer and told Eric to make sure to move it to the basement and hide it when he got home. Eric has been working 16 hr. days and hasn't been home to move the stuff. I can't move it because Evan is always with me. That leads me to this morning...When I get into the car rider line at school, Evan always unbuckles and gets into the front passenger seat. Today when we got there he unbuckled but stayed in the back seat bouncing around and then I heard,
Evan - "OOOOHHHH, MOM - I SEE BENDAROOS!!!"
Thankfully his little friends birthday is Sat. and that is what we got him. I said, "Evan, get up here now, those are for Lucas."
Evan - "OOOHH MOMMY, I think I saw something big and it was black and red was it something Micky Mouse? You know I had Bendaroos on my list too... I really want Bendaroos - you didn't forget did you?"
Mommy - "I didn't forget but don't look back there anymore. There are things for you from Mommy and Daddy for Christmas. If you see them I will have to take them back."
Evan starts crying - "Mommy... I think I did see Pixos... please don't take it back."
Mommy - "Don't look again and I won't take anything back."
Evan - "Well then can you tell me if I saw Pixos and what else is back there? If you tell me I will tell you what I'm getting you for Christmas."
Mommy - "I don't want to know what I'm getting for Christmas and no I'm not telling you."
Evan - "Okay... I can't wait for Christmas. I've only been bad a few times for for the most part I've been really good."

The rest of the time he talked all about Santa and was so excited. I hate that he saw his gift but hopefully he isn't sure and it was so cute!

Enjoy a pic from Disney of my brother and Evan.

2 comments:

The Portas said...

Well that is wonderful cardio news! It sounds like both Elijah and Evan's hearts are in an unexpected (and good) holding pattern for now, which is WONDERFUL!! GO EVAN!

The Christmas present story is super super sweet. What a sweet boy Evan is, and how cute that he is so excited about Christmas. I can't wait until Elijah gets that excitement.

Have a good week, you guys! xo

Kathy said...

He's such a sweetie...
and those darn pixos..they're on Eli's wish list also...
i just can't stand it...he gets those little balls all over the house!
Hug him tight..I think he should get a present everyday in December...he deserves it!!!