Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yellow Belt





Evan tested and was awarded his yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do this past weekend! He was so proud! He is really loving TKD. I had been taking him to lessons but I started a water aerobics class on TKD nights so Eric has been taking Evan. I have wanted to do something like that forever but I always feel so guilty going after work somewhere when I have already been gone all day. So, it's nice that Evan is busy with TKD while I'm doing that.
We had some snow. Enough to go sledding on! We went sledding everyday when we got home for 20 minutes or so. I should clarify that Eric and Evan went sledding and that Mommy stood from her bedroom window by the hent vent taking pictures! It pays off to have a big hill for a backyard on days like those.





My Dad turned 68 this past week. We are blessed to have him with us still. He was electrocuted 11 years ago with 15,000 volts at his job. I swear he has nine lives. He frustrates me to death but boy do I love him. Evan loves his Papaw!




My work moved locations after 11 years. I work at a big shipping company and we have several locations all over the city. I have been fortunate to work at one of the smaller more office like facilities for a long time. It was very convienant to run in and out. I'm at the airport now and there is lots of security getting in and tram rides to my office. The office itself isn't bad at all - just getting here that is a pain! I'm sure going to miss my old office...
I haven't started my Avonex (betaferon for MS) shots yet. I'm still working through insurance and pharmacy red tape. Once I do begin I will take the shot once a week on Friday evenings. Until my body adjust I'm warned that I could feel flu like symptoms for the first several months. I'm not looking forward to that. I keep telling everyone I'm going to be healthier than ever now that I know I have MS. I will start the shots, I've started water aerobics twice a week, I have lots of walking into my new office, I can't run out to lunch anymore, etc. etc. LOL.

2 comments:

The Portas said...

A yellow belt, wow! That's awesome! Way to go, Evan!!

I wish we had a hill to sled on like yours. We certainly have the snow, but we have to take a trip in the car to find any hills. I'm sure the boys love it!

I hope you're adjusting well to your new work location and good luck with the shots once you start those. Thanks for the update!!

Anonymous said...

Yellow belt! That's great! COngrats, Evan!

The sledding looks fun and brings back some great memories from when I was a kid :-D Hope all goes well with the work location change and the shots :-D