Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Photo Shoot AHA & UofL Coach Strong

I feel so lucky and blessed to have such a strong network of heart friends locally and online. When myself and the other 2 first families met and started talking about making a support group called Team Brave Hearts I had no idea where it would take us and how much we would be able to accomplish together. When we met we wanted something to do... a way to connect and raise awareness. We started walking every year in our local American Heart Association Heart Walk and we grew and grew. Those walks definately have filled my heart with pride - walking with so many people wearing our shirts and everyone asking - who is Team Brave Hearts??? Our kids have been chosen (for the 2nd time) to be a part of the posters AHA puts around town promoting the walk. They are with the Univeristy of Louisville's new football coach - Coach Strong. The posters are suppose to say something like - The Strong family stands Strong for Kids with Heart Defects. It was such a neat experience and Evan just LOVED the coach. See below some of the pictures I took from the side lines.






2 comments:

The Portas said...

I love that you and Evan have this kind of support! It is truly a blessing. I must say I'm a little envious!! :) Great photos!

Mackenzie Velocity said...

I must say that these are great photos! They really show the love and the support the people are experiencing! Good job!