Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A little Elf Magic!!!

Have any other families done this?
http://www.elf-magic.com/
A friend of ours did this last year and it was such a hit that we decided to do it this year. So... a week or so before Thanksgiving Evan wrote a letter to Santa requesting that he be allowed to adopt an elf for the holidays. You keep the Elf until Christmas Eve and are supposed to share with it what the holidays are all about to you and your family. During his stay, your Elf does mischievous things when you sprinkle magic snow on him at night. I loved the idea of making it more about memories than gifts and the letter that comes with the elf says that "the gift of Jesus is more special than any gift on Santa's sleigh." Evan was so excited when we sat out the crackers and water to attract the elf to our house Thanksgiving eve. When we woke up on Thanksgiving Day and Jingle had arrived he was ready to show him all about Thanksgiving, lol. We have had a blast with the nightly pranks - I think Eric and I are just as excited as he is!











2 comments:

Kathy said...

sarah...
I love it!!! I've never heard of that...but, Eli would have just loved that too!!

ok...write down all your tricks so that I can use it too next year!

The Portas said...

I've never heard of this! What a cute idea. I'm so glad you guys are having fun with it. Yes, I agree with Kathy. We want a detailed report of your tricks! :)