Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Updates

I'm getting ready to go visit Alyssa's family myself but I did receive a message from another team member:
Yesterday afternoon-
"She had closed heart surgery (went through her side) and was not on the heart-lung by-pass machine. She was off the vent before her parents saw her in the PICU! Alyssa is recovering quickly....keep the prayers coming."
This morning-
"Let me start by saying Alyssa is the most amazing little girl I have ever known. Just hours after surgery the doctors had Alyssa sitting up in bed and talking. She was saying "all done" but I'm sure those words were music to her parents ears! Alyssa had a little rasp when breathing so the doctors did a chest x-ray and it came out clear. They did a breathing treatment this morning and hopefully this will clear up her lungs and airway. The doctors also took Alyssa off her Oxygen tube and started changing her Blood Pressure medicine. They want to try to give Alyssa some liquids today to see how her digestive system reacts."
I'll update more tomorrow.

No comments: