Wednesday, September 12, 2007

School and tears

Okay - yesterday I meant to post a link to a wonderful commemorative piece they played on the local radio in honor of 9/11 - you have to listen to this - I haven't heard anything like it:

http://www.brocksgifts.com/silentnight911.html

I feel horrible I haven't updated but I'll post later why. Alyssa is doing wonderful and I saw her myself last Friday walking and smiling - doing just great.

Our other little Brave Heart, Logan, is having his surgery tomorrow - the Fontan. Logan and his family are a testimony to me and Team Brave Hearts are praying today during pre-op and will be contunuing in prayer until Logan is home and on the mend. I'll post and let everyone know how this strong and beautiful little boy is doing.

On the home front we have been insanely busy - we put our house on the market and began looking for a new home closer to our parents and to Evan's school. Know anyone that wants to move to KY???

We are also going on vacation with our whole family to Myrtle Beach and we are really looking forward to some time with them and away from work.

Evan started pre-school a couple of weeks ago and honestly I don't know if we are going to continue. He is having such a hard time - originally he did okay - cried during naptime - but for someone that had always either been with me or my Mom I thought that was pretty good. It has continually gotten worse. On Monday when Mom picked him up she called me and said he had black circles around his eyes and said that he cried most of the day. The teacher said it was for no reason and that one of the kids caused him a baby and he continued to cry. That is NOT like Evan - I figured I would be getting calls from school saying because of Evan's "rough and rowdy" nature he had pushed someone or something on that nature NOT that he has been crying all day. This is SO hard. I thought this was going to be such a good thing, we had researched and found a school close to my Mom - Christian - small - loving. I really do like the school, I'm just amazed that it seems Evan does not. Monday I had a long talk with him about why he is crying and all he ever says is that "Mommy I missed you and I needed you." He never tells me anything else. So, today I decided not to make a big deal about it just say - "Good Morning Evan - lets get ready for school." We did our morning routine and got in the car and headed to school - about half way there I looked in the mirror and Evan's bottom lip was quivering and I asked if he way okay, the tears started rolling and he said, "Mommy, I'm trying to be real strong but, I can't, I miss you too much." AHHHHHHHHHH - then my tears started and believe me that this morning was really, really hard. I hated leaving him crying - in fact I almost didn't - I called my Mom and asked her to pick him up before naptime and promised him Mamaw would be there soon. The teacher called me about a half hour later and said that she asked him to help her glue some stuff and he cheered up after a while - we'll see. Any advice???


3 comments:

SUGGS FAMILY said...

Now that I have wiped the tears from my eyes - I am sorry that Evan is having a hard time with preschool!! I really hope it gets better. I don't know what I would do if Miles said things like that - that really pulls at the heart strings! i think in time (hopefully a very short time) Evan will get used to it and forget all about you when he is there - in a good way :)

My only advise is time, sorry.

Becky

The Portas said...

Oh that is too cute. It must feel good to have him love his Mama so much! :) I'm sure he'll get more used to it as time goes on.

I got a little teary reading that. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi again - I've been catching up after a longish absence. All of your brave hearts are definitely in my prayers. It was good to read of their progress too.