Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Story Mix-Up

Continue to pray for us.... why didn't anyone tell us the process of selling a home is so difficult! This is our first time selling a home and I just keep wondering if all is going okay. There is really no reason for me to think otherwise but.... I am famous for my worrying. I'm constantly reminded by friends and family to "Cast all your cares on him, for he cares for you."

Also pray for Evan... he is having a hard time even thinking about moving. He doesn't understand that everything goes with us and he knows nothing different than this is home so, he is quite scared. We have tried very hard to involve him and make sure he understands that everything goes with us. He has been very emotional and we seem to find him in deep thought worrying about (he is my son!) all of this.
ALSO... he goes to a Christian preschool and they told a kid friendly version of the Easter story last Wed. at school. Eric & I are happy that he is learning about our faith and were okay with him hearing this story. However, apparantly another kid in class shared with Evan his own version of the story. On Thur. night I was getting ready to give him his breathing treatment and he turns with tears in his eyes - I immediately asked him what was wrong and he began to sob and said, "Mommy, I need to tell you and Daddy something." The next few moments I heard some very disturbing things come from my little 4 yr. old. Eric and I could barely keep it together and Evan was just a mess. My poor baby had been worrying for over 24 hrs. that he was going to die on Sunday - he put himself in the story, or the kid that told him his version of the story told him it was them and not Jesus. We spent over 30 minutes explaining things that I really thought I would have many years before I got questions like he had. He still has asked questions daily to reassure himself. I can't believe how much of a deep thinker I have - and also how innocent and precious and trusting these little ones are. Pray for us to protect his innocent little mind to not worry about things we cannot control and to convince him that the time we are given here is not meant to spend worrying but living!


4 comments:

Krystal said...

Oh, poor Evan! That is so strange, because a friend at work had the same thing happen. Her son was convinced that he was going to die on Good Friday. . . oh, what a weight for these poor little guys to carry around!!!

Praying that your house selling and moving goes as smoothly as possible - it will be worth it in the end :)

The Portas said...

You have a very sweet, sensitive boy! He is going to turn into a caring, compassionate young man. So sweet, thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

That is tough when they get worried about things like that. When Jacob was in the hospital Dorothy was terrified that the next time she got "sick" she was going to be in the hospital and have heart surgery too. She still will ask occasionally if she will ever have a heart surgery like Jacob or something similar.

Good luck with the house selling, I hope the move and everything goes well!

Kathy said...

Could he get any cuter?!?!?
That story...as sad as it was...was so sweet. What a tender heart he has. That's good that he talks to you already...if he keeps that up...he'll be just fine!!!
Hope the house sell gets easier...you just email us if you have any questions...I'm a house flipper and we've done it TONS of times!
Kathy