Thursday, March 06, 2008

Evan's 1st Field Trip

I can't believe it.... Evan had his first field trip yesterday! I was so excited to have the day off so I could share this first with him. I think he was way more excited about riding on a REAL school bus than the actual field trip to the Fun Dome, which is also where we had his birthday party. All the 3 yr. old classes got to go so, in all there was about 27 kiddos. While at the Dome 2 of those kids started feeling bad and having flu symptoms so, we are crossing our fingers that Evan doesn't come down with it. Wouldn't you know that those 2 kids are in Evan's class! Funny things that happened - 1.) Evan crawled up the toddler steps to the tubes and got scared... he was up about 5 levels and was crying - refusing to come down the leveled steps or the slide, saying kids said the slide hurt their butts. I sent his BFF at school after him and he came back and said no, he is stuck. So.... me... this plus size Mama crawled up 4 levels and reached my arms up and he would NOT let go and come to me... I had 2 choices push him down the slide or pull him by his legs to me, I opted for the later which he screamed bloody murder until we got to the bottom. I forbid him to go near the toddler area again. 2.) Evan did NOT want me to help other kids, NO THAT'S MY MOMMY!!! We had talks about sharing but, he told me I was him Mommy and there for him and him alone, LOL. 3.) Apparently on the back side of a slide a little boy pulled Evan's ear (I could not see this) Evan came down the slide in tears with a very red ear. I told him it looked okay and to stay away from this certain little boy if he was not playing nicely. Evan's friend Blake came down next and Evan pointed to the little boy and said, "Blake, that is the one who pulled my ear." Blake reached his hand out and Evan took it and off they went to the next jumpy to get this little boy. The teacher saw this and said, "uhoh - they are going to get him, Evan and Blake stick up for each other." I got to the jumpy just in time, LOL.
When Evan tells stories or is upset and wants to use numbers the way I did above, he always skips 1st, and says 2nd of all this happened... and then 3rd of all... LOL.

This pic is of Evan on the bus.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Very cute stories. :) Thanks for sharing.