Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Greatest Munc

We are still in the negotiating phase of the contract on our house and only have a week or so to get things done or the contract will be over. Thank you for your prayers - keep them coming.
I have learned a lot during this process, maybe that was the point. I worked myself up so much - to the point last week that everything crashed and I became very sick. I was in bed for 3 days - 2 of them with a fever of 103.8 - the absolute worse case of strep throat I've ever had. My anxiety always gets the best of me and I'm thankful for the lessons I've learned and am feeling at peace trusting that Jesus will makes things right and just what we need.

This Friday is my brother's birthday and we got to celebrate with him and his family this past Sunday. When I was feeling better late last week Evan and I went with my Mom shopping and Evan wanted to get Munc (his nickname for his Uncle Michael) a card just from him. He picked it out and was very excited. On Saturday we wrapped his gift and Evan got out his crayons and decorated the card and signed his name to it. He wanted me to find some stickers but, I couldn't find any other than the Hallmark sticker to close the envelope with - Evan wanted more so he asked for his crayons again and decorated the outside of the card. As he was coloring he said, "Mommy, this looks like scribbles, will Munc like it?" I answered of course that his coloring was beautiful. He continued to color and said, "For my Munc, the greatest Munc I've ever had!" With that he was done and handed the card over with a smile, knowing, especially after the story was shared that his card would be Munc's most beloved present.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet :-) I hope you are feeling better - sending prayers

The Portas said...

I love the Munc story. What a little sweetie pie!

Yuck, I'm so sorry to hear you were so sick! I hope you are feeling better and less anxious. Hand your problems over to God and He will handle it all! You just do the best you can and He'll take care of the rest.

Sending you much love!! xoxo