Friday, May 09, 2008

House on the market, Puppies and Kidney Stones, oh my!

That's what has been going on in our world the last few weeks. After 45 days of working with the couple that had a contract on our house and doing EVERYTHING they asked, they asked to be let out of the contract, ARGH!!! I know God has a perfect plan for us and although I do not know what that plan is or where he wants us, I'm praying and trusting his will. Our house is back on the market.

During my 'bout with strep throat the Dr. was concerned that my kidney had taken a hit due to the lack of fluids I had before finally getting to the Dr. Two weeks after I got over strep, I started having some lower abdominal pain which I passed off as regular monthly cramps. Days later and nothing else to blame the pains on I went back to the Dr. who did a few tests. The first was a pregnancy test and funny story, the Dr. came back in getting ready to do a full exam and asked the nurse if she had checked the results of the prego test and she said no. He said something else but, I didn't hear him. She came back in the room and said, yes it is. I about jumped off the table and said, "WHAT????" She replied, "what, it's negative, Dr. asked me before I walked out if it was negative and when I came back, I said, Yes it is." LOL.... I'm going to pay her back for that. The conclusion was that I needed further testing due to my families history of severe kidney stones. I have never had them. I went to the hospital on Monday and got a call later that I have several on the left and even MORE on the right, ARGH!! I go to the Urologist on Monday to decide if I need laser or if they can be passed, which I doubt since it has already been like 3 weeks.

With all that has been going on with me I feel I'm in the Refiner's fire but, I'm learning so much. Maybe this was the point of it all. That, I'm not the one in control of everything and definately not the best to be given that job. I'm learning Lord.... I want things to let up but, maybe he is not finished with me yet. Thankfully I'm still laughing at myself so that is a good thing! My husband says that these stones have given me attitude and I know everyone that knows me personally would agree that I'm usually a kind and quiet girl not this dramatic sarcastic girl I've been lately, LOL!

I'm posting pictures of Evan's Granny & Papaw Harry's new puppies - aren't they cute?

Hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

I am so sorry to hear about the kidney stones - I hope that you are feeling better soon!!!!

Kathy said...

Sorry about the stones...hope they can just ZAP them outta' there!!!!!
Happy Mother's DAy...enjoy it..don't worry about the stones, the house...nothing else....just enjoy the day!
Kathy

The Portas said...

Yuck, I've heard those stones are not pleasant! I hope they can get taken care of very soon. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!