Friday, June 06, 2008

Vent. Scan 2008 Results

I just got the results last night, (was beginning to get worried that the hospital lost the test since they took so long to forward it to the cardio - oh how mad I was going to be, after what he went through if he had to do it again.) right before Evan's first T-Ball practice for the year, man it was so hot. I'm not sure what the results mean as another Dr. called and gave them to me b/c Dr. McOmber is on vaca. until Monday. The results were 80-20.... they were 85-15 before the stent and then the stent raised it to 71-29 and then last year is was 76-24. So... it has been worse - right before the stent in '06 but... they were concerned last year with the 76-24 and it is another 4%... seems to decrease on the left side 4-5% every year.... although they did a cath. last year and didn't do anything so maybe this will be okay... I really have no idea until I talk to Dr. McOmber.

This hasn't been the best of weeks for me.... I've been full of anxiety waiting on these results and now that I have them, I can't talk to Dr. M until Monday. We also got more upsetting news that the house we had held a contract open on since our house contract that fell through, in hopes that when our house eventually sold we could move in, asked us to release them from the on-going contract. I can't blame them as it has been since March but... disappointing for us. I know this means there is something better for us... that maybe this house wasn't meant for us, it is still hard once you set your heart on something.

This is also Eric's busy time of year and we practically haven't seen him since last Friday. We miss him and it is hard for Evan when he isn't home at night.

We have planned lots of family time this weekend! We are taking Evan to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Oh, man! It must be so frustrating to wait for the results, then get them and have to wait some more to find out what they "mean".

I'm sorry about the house ordeal, but you certainly have a good attitude about it :) I hope that something works out soon and you can get to where you want to be :) We've been trying to sell for months and months, and I just can't even think about it because it is so discouraging!

The Portas said...

I'm glad you are getting some good family time together this weekend. It sounds like you guys need it!

I can relate to your anxiety surrounding WAITING for things. What are our doctors thinking? They can't go on vacation! :) I remember being SO UPSET when our card was on vacation during a very rough time. I cried and cried... anyway, hoping you can get some answers very soon to ease your mind!

xoxoxoxo