Monday, December 15, 2008

It's the Holiday Season...

With the whoop-de-do and hickory dock...

I'm singing Christmas songs all day. Whatever is playing when I get out of the car keeps running through my mind. I'm sure I'm driving my co-workers crazy. LOL.

Talking about crazy, life has been crazy. I have been a mess since I've been back to work. We run around the house every morning doing circles. I thought I was doing some better last week. By some better I mean that on Mon. I left Evan's backpack at home with his lunch in it and had to turn around to go back. On Tue. I left my cell phone at home and it is my life line so I had to turn around. On Wed. I went into a zone while driving to school thinking about what all needed to be done and Evan said, "Mommy?" I hit the brakes and turned around... miles past his school mind you. I asked Evan, "Evan.. why didn't you help me out and tell me I had passed school." He replied, "Mommy... I'm tired. What's wrong with you Mommy?" Oiy.

On Sunday we had some of our dear friends over for lunch. I had an agenda of things that needed to be done before they arrived. I hadn't been home on Sat. as my Mom's families Christmas was that day. So Sunday morning I started bright and early with laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, making cookies, wrapping gifts and finally the food for lunch. I popped a lasagna into the oven at noon and my guests arrived at 1. I finished the salad (which by the way, I never put the croutons or the pepperocini's on) and thought the lasagna needed to brown on top so I turned the broiler on while I fixed drinks. I turn around and remember THE LASAGNA... I opened the oven and smoke comes out and the alarms start sounding... Thank God for Pizza Hut and their new lasagna dish. Jason and Stephanie, I know your laughing. I'm not.

I had another get together Sun. night and I was the guest and enjoyed myself. On the way home however, our brakes starting grinding and Eric spent half the night changing those. See... crazy...

We had our pictures taken for our Christmas card. Thanks brother for taking them. Merry Christmas and hope you are all well and enjoying the season.


4 comments:

The Portas said...

Oh goodness! What a busy weekend! I am starting to feel that upon me as well. I've been so consumed with work that I'm now realizing that I have to take care of gifts and goodies and all the other Christmas stuff!

The pic is great! What a nice looking little family. :) I hope you take time to rest when you can. I'm thinking of you...xoxo

Vanessa said...

Pictures look great!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. Happy Holidays! A.White

Kathy said...

I think all our brains have turned to mush...it must be associated-oxygen-deprivation-syndrome...
yep..that's it!
I LOVE your family xmas picture...
and your house is SO clean! I'm jealous. I cannot take a single pic without something out of place or on the floor.
It's ALMOST the weekend...you can make it!!