Monday, December 22, 2008

One Happy Boy

Kathy... you made Evan's day! You can tell from the pictures that my little man had a great time tonight with his surprise delivery. I'm sure this cape with get more play time than any of the toys under the tree - why don't we ever learn??? Evan is one make believe kid - he stays in make believe mode most of the time. Eric was laughing a while back when he walked into the house to hear me saying, "Evan... I just want to be Mommy... I don't want to be Captain Hook anymore tonight!!!" Thanks Kathy and yes... I would have loved some sunshine today - we are talking single digits here. The smile on his face did fill me with love for ya!!!

This past week has gone much better for me. Things have seemed much calmer and I feel much less stressed. I had a great time last Fri. night with Eric's brother and SIL - we just Love spending time with you guys!!! Their granddaughter Kayla is only a few months older than Evan and they played so well together. Guess what they requested for dinner... LASAGNA (read last post)!!! I made it and there were no *ahem* issues.
We stayed home all day Saturday wrapping presents and watching Christmas shows. I think that really got us excited for Christmas - being able to just stay home and enjoy the tree and seeing the presents wrapped with pretty bows. Evan begged to open some but was okay with just shaking them and trying to guess what was inside.
Sun. my BIL gave a Christmas recital at his church. I had planned on leaving Evan at home w/ Eric and going with my Mom but, Eric had to work so he went with me. I was a little worried since it has been a while since Evan has been in a church like atmosphere but... he did really well. David - you were awesome and made everyone cry with your solo "God Bless my Family." We are so blessed.
Sunday evening I got to spend with my Mom and her BFF. Evan loves to be in the center of our girly conversations, LOL! I Love you both.
Tonight my Mom and I made divinity, mmmmmmmm.... I'm ready for Christmas now!


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Tell Evan that he put the biggest smile on my face! Look at those action pics...it's priceless!

I hope you all have the most wonderful Christmas...you deserve it!

Merry Christmas my friends!
sending lots of love and hugs,
Kathy

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Kathy is the sweetest and most thoughtful person...
she really is...

she bought Matthew a stroller w/ a stuffed bear b/c she KNOWS how much he loves pushing strollers around...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

The Portas said...

Isn't Kathy one of the most generous people in the world? I LOVE HER! Look at the happiness she gave to your boy...so sweet and genuine! :)

I'm glad you guys were able to do some Christmas-y things and get into the spirit of the season! Have a great rest of your week...xoxoxo