Thursday, June 26, 2008
He said the same thing we talked about before... he doesn't want to miss out on time when they might regret it in the future... Dr. Kim thought that the decrease in %'s the scan showed (80-20) needs a cath. to check things out and either dialate the stent or insert another one, Dr. McOmber agrees. He said Dr. Kim is very busy, summer surgeries trying to get in before school starts and before cold/flu/RSV season for little ones.... But that, Dr. Kim's office will be calling me to schedule it. Dr. Kim wants to review Evan's file, past cath's and past scans before scheduling the cath, so he wasn't sure when I would hear from him but soon.
So... the waiting begins again. I was mostly expecting the cath. but was going to be super happy if they thought it could wait. As always I just want the best for Evan and have to trust God and our beloved Dr. that this is what is best.
In the meantime... we will continue to enjoy summer. Hope all of you are as well.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Monday, June 09, 2008
Just talked to Dr. McOmber.... he said he wasn't really surprised that the LPA's % of pressure that it sends to the lungs had gone down again... Evan is growing - everything is growing except for that Left Pulmonary Artery - which is the same size since they stented it in Mar. 2006. He is not sure if it is time for another cath. so he is taking it to the board to get the other Dr.'s, especially Dr. Recto the angio specialist in our areas that did his stent, opinion. He said the reason for this would be to prevent Evan's health from ever being less than his 100%.... that we should not see Evan get worse b/c they are keeping on top of things with the tests/scans and caths. He also said this continious drop of 4-5% pressure a year is normal since his is growing and does not mean the conduit/valve replacement surgery is sooner than they originally hoped, that they still hope to hold off until his is larger and could possibly get an adult size with 1 final surgery - or who knows how technology could change before he needs that. That as long as they stay on top of it with scans and caths we can delay surgery and hope for a less invasive approach by the time it is required. He said he thinks Dr. Recto will want to do another cath. maybe not tomorrow but, maybe in 6 months or after next years scan and either dialate the stent or place a stent inside of the old stent expanding it... He said he would be talking to me later this week after he presents Evan's scan to the board at their weekly.
We spent a nice weekend together, playing T-Ball and going to the Circus. I had a not so nice ear infection and at my follow up for broncitis got more meds for that and also told broncitis had gone into pneumonia... Am I ever going to get over all of this??? Dr. said something about rest... drinking lots of fluids... staying out of the heat... I'm wondering if we live in the same town with how hot is has been and also if they have any children, LOL.
Friday, June 06, 2008
I just got the results last night, (was beginning to get worried that the hospital lost the test since they took so long to forward it to the cardio - oh how mad I was going to be, after what he went through if he had to do it again.) right before Evan's first T-Ball practice for the year, man it was so hot. I'm not sure what the results mean as another Dr. called and gave them to me b/c Dr. McOmber is on vaca. until Monday. The results were 80-20.... they were 85-15 before the stent and then the stent raised it to 71-29 and then last year is was 76-24. So... it has been worse - right before the stent in '06 but... they were concerned last year with the 76-24 and it is another 4%... seems to decrease on the left side 4-5% every year.... although they did a cath. last year and didn't do anything so maybe this will be okay... I really have no idea until I talk to Dr. McOmber.
This hasn't been the best of weeks for me.... I've been full of anxiety waiting on these results and now that I have them, I can't talk to Dr. M until Monday. We also got more upsetting news that the house we had held a contract open on since our house contract that fell through, in hopes that when our house eventually sold we could move in, asked us to release them from the on-going contract. I can't blame them as it has been since March but... disappointing for us. I know this means there is something better for us... that maybe this house wasn't meant for us, it is still hard once you set your heart on something.
This is also Eric's busy time of year and we practically haven't seen him since last Friday. We miss him and it is hard for Evan when he isn't home at night.
We have planned lots of family time this weekend! We are taking Evan to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus tomorrow!!!