Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Day with Munc

I had an awesome shopping day with my cousins, Aunt and Mom this past Saturday. We definately don't get together often but I loved spending time with them. When I was a kid I went to their house and spent a lot of my summer there. It is hard to get together now that we are grown and have kids of our own but I'm thankful we made time!
Eric was on call and I wanted my Mom to enjoy this shopping day too so, I was in need of a sitter. Evan hasn't stayed anywhere else other than my Mom's and a few afternoon visits with friends. Enter Munc. Munc is my brother, Evan's Uncle Michael. We are very close and Evan has been around him his entire life. As soon as Evan could talk he has called him Munc. Evan now knows his name but he and Munc like the nickname so it has stuck. Anyway... Munc called and offered to spend the day with Evan. Evan was sooo excited. Munc was taking him to the Louisville Science Center to the IMAX and downtown park. When Munc came to get Evan he was in his smart car. I wish I had a picture of Evan looking so big and motioning for Munc to drive away while I was trying to wave and blow kisses. He was ready for his Munc Day.
Evan had a blast and was spoiled much by his beloved Munc.





2 comments:

The Portas said...

What a fun day with Munc!! Sounds like a blast! xo

Kathy said...

What a sweet brother.
Mine is too young...too far away...and NOT as thoughtful.

Evan looks like he had a blast!!! Gosh..I wish we lived closer...although, Eli would turn Evan into a video game junky!!!!

hug him tight for us!
kathy