Thursday, August 05, 2010

Approaching the finish line

My last day of work is today... That means this surgery is actually upon us and for that I'm thankful. The waiting has been hard but, God has seen us through that and will continue to carry us through. Everyone always says, "how did you do that" and/or "your so strong". On the other side I always wonder too... how we did it, and the only explanation is through our faith we are made strong.

Please pray for Evan... pray for us as parents... handing your "baby" over is the hardest thing I've ever done. Pray for the Dr.'s, nurses and surgery team that will be caring for him and for the overall success of the surgery. It means so much to get the notes, calls, emails, comments, visits, etc. Evan LOVES the attention and it makes him feel so special.

I'll be updating his blog so please check back with us and pray for specifics. It always seems there is something - sometimes it is pray for pee and sometimes it's for pain management.

Tomorrow is our consult with the surgeon, next Wed. is preop and next Thursday is Evan's big day. The surgery is scheduled to start at 8.

Please pass this plea for prayers on through your own blog or email to your friends, family, church prayer groups, etc. We believe in the power of prayer!

We enjoyed VBS last week and one night the theme was "God is comforting." Yes, he is and I'm so thankful.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

You guys have been on my heart so much lately. I have been praying and will continue to!! Big hugs to all of you! xo