Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back to the Grind

Vacation is over : ( but, we had a wonderful time. The mountains were beautiful and we could not have asked for better weather. Our cabin was very nice and the boys just loved that they were able to go fishing in the creek with their daddies! I think my favorite was the Dixie Stampede, I highly recommend going especially if you have kids, Evan is still talking about the buffalo and the horses. The dvd in the car was a life saver and kept Evan content for the entire trip there and back, when he wasn't sleeping. The big announcement from this past week is that Evan is potty trained, YAHOO!!! We had been trying for a couple of weeks, putting big boy pants on and taking him about every hour or so but, he wasn't telling us when he needed to and had an accident or two everyday. I was just about to stop and say let's wait a while and try again and then Sat. morning he woke up and told me he needed to go potty and that was it, he has told us everytime since and has had no accidents. Still wearing diaper to bed but, I am so excited. My baby is growing up. The key to getting Evan to potty and drink from a cup is not to tell him his is a big boy b/c if you do he will cry and say, "no mommy, I'm just a baby". He really gets upset if we tell him he is a big boy, not sure why he is determined to stay a baby since there is no babies around for him to compete for attention with but, I don't mind him thinking he is still my little baby. On another note Nova's mom, see the blog to the right, is compiling a list of financial resources for families that need assistance while their child is in the hospital or with hospital bills, if you need help she has quite a list and also if you can add to the list of resources I'm sure she would appreciate it.

No comments: