Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Need This Vacation

Okay, so things are going great health wise so why am I still so anxious? I'm not sure when this happened to me really, of course I've always been the type of person who likes control, things done right and a certain way. It has been explained to me that when a person who is controlling has something happen suddenly to them that is out of their control they go into overdrive on things they do have control over. I can't explain the inner force that seems to push me to do things just so so and honestly I wish I could go against it but, I can't. I really thought that once Evan had his surgery and things calmed down that so would I but, I'm still filling the demands of my silly quirks (lines in the carpet from the vaccuum, maintaining a certain speed while driving is a big one for me, checking email a certain number of times a day, hanging clothes a certain way, etc. the list goes on.) We leave Sat. (our 6th wedding anniversary) for Gatlinburg for 4 days with friends and I'm hoping I don't drive Eric crazy on the trip there. I'm really going to try to just be quiet like the passenger should be and let him drive without my input. Praying that this vacation brings a calmness to my spirit and refreshes my soul. I really need to get away and just have some fun. Watch out Gatlinburg here come the Karr/Vogelsberg families!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Sarah, we are so much alike it isn't funny! I thought I was the only person with the vacuum lines deal :) I hope that you have a safe trip, have a wonderful vacation, get some rest and relaxation, and leave your stress in TN!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah -

I am exactly the same way - for me, it's controlling the labels on the milk bottles, folding shirts just right, everything hanging the right way, things piled in a certain order - the list goes on and on. It's an overwhelming need to control in a life we feel we have no control over.

We have a cath next week that we weren't expecting, and I'm in anxiety-overdrive.

I hope you enjoy your trip - you deserve it!

Saving Little Hearts said...

I just saw your website and wanted to say hello. If there is anything you need please let me know. We have several services from online parent matching, free books, message boards and more. Not to mention we are just outside of Gatlinburg.

Take care!

Karin Coulter
Saving Little Hearts
5629 Barineau Lane
Knoxville, TN 37920
(865) 748-4605
-----
Helping Children with Congenital Heart Defects
http://www.savinglittlehearts.com