Monday, January 29, 2007

Investigation

On Thur. night I signed on to my computer while Evan was taking a bath and went through our digital pic's since Christmas and picked a few to post. I didn't get to finish so, I decided on Fri. night I would make time to post some new pic's. Back to Thur. - when we got home there was a notice from our electric company that there would be electrical work done in our neighborhood on Fri. and that they were sorry for the inconvienance - no big deal - we would be at work anyway. Eric and I trade off responsibilities of bath and bed so technically it was my night for bath on Fri. but, I explained to him about the lack on pic's on the blog and he happily swapped me nights so, off to the office I went to post some pic's. I hit the button and nothing - just blinking - immediately my mind thought back to the electrical work notice and called my sister-in-law/computer repair woman and she gave me some tips to try but after telling her about the electrical work she said that it sounded like my power supply and board were blown by a power surge (computer was on a power surge protector) and to contact the electrical company. I called this morning and they said that there was a problem when trying to turn the electrical back on on Friday and that they were going to send an "investigator" to take a look at the computer. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they replace it and also that our harddrive is saved as the pictures we've taken since Christmas are not backed up on CD! Until then I'm restricted to checking on blog's and email during break and lunch at work.

2 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh no... I hope your pictures are saved/okay!!!

We'll be back to check.

Krystal said...

Oh, no!! I hope the investigator is on your side!

Have a great time at the party tomorrow!!!!!