Monday, February 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Evan!

Three years ago today we were oblivious, oblivious to parenthood, to CHD's, to raising a boy, to the Love we would could only imagine this miracle would bring us. I've told his birth story before so I won't get into that but, I could have never imagined the Love I would feel for my son - I knew I would Love him but it's so much deeper than I can explain. What did we do before we had him??? What in the world would we do without him??? He fills our days with smiles and sighs (what in the world will this boy do next!) Tomorrow Evan will be 3 yrs. old - my time flies - it doesn't seem possible that he could already be 3 and starting preschool in the Fall, sniff sniff. He's been asking me to make up stories to tell him at night and they usually involve Kings, Knights and Dragons that learn to share (he's a bit selfish) but a few nights ago I told him the story of how God gave me and Daddy a miracle and we named him Evan. Last night he asked me to tell him the "Miracle Story" so I did and after story time we said our prayers and Evan prayed, "Dear God thank for the bestest party ever and for the miracle named Evan" LOL. I just said, "Yes, thank you God for the miracle named Evan." I'm still without a computer the "investigator" hasn't come out to take a look yet. I will be posting lots and lots of pictures when I am finally up and running again. Evan's b-day party was a huge success. Despite the snow we had a good turn-out of 9 kids and they all played until they could play no longer - it was so much fun, "the bestest party ever." I wish I could make this time go a little slower - I'm sure that next year I'll be saying again how time flies!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday, Evan!!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Hippoes, birdies, two ewes!!!!
Hippoes, birdies, two ewes!!!!
(I'm singing that...)

Happy 3rd sweet boy!!