Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cute little sayings

Eric and I had a very relaxing and pampering weekend in Brown Co. and I highly recommened The Manor at Tabor Hill to anyone that would be there visiting. It was beautiful weather, we could not have picked a better weekend. I did okay during the day but, once Eric went to sleep I really started missing Evan and other than enjoying alone time with Eric this weekend taught me that I'm a very lucky person to have been chosen to be Evan's Mommy and that although he is a rowdy and loud 3 year old that I need to treasure all of this and slow down a bit and remember these moments with him. I called and checked on him Sat. night and my Mom asked if he wanted to talk to me, he said no but that it was getting dark and that he was ready to go home, kept telling my Mom that it's dark out and I'm supposed to be home when it's dark in my bed. He started to cry and that made me sad... Mom said that when they went to bed she told him that we let him come stay with her because my Dad was out of town and that she would have been lonely and Evan said, "Awwhhh... Mamaw, that's what friends are for." She said he snuggled in and went to sleep after that, isn't that sweet...

6 comments:

The Portas said...

Hi Sarah, You left a note on our Elijah's blog, so I wanted you to know that we will keep little Evan in our prayers as well.

Megan, Dan & Eli

Anonymous said...

I found your link through Sophia's site.

Evan seems like a little sweetheart :). I see we are in your heart links ... can I add you in mine :)?

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh.. that is sooo sweet....

xoxo
hugs!!

Anonymous said...

I just did some "catch-up reading" of some of your previous posts. You have quite a little man there :)! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh it is so bad right i hate sophiashe called mii fat