Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm too old for Slumber Parties & Mother's Day

My BFF at work, Angie has 2 daughters and a little boy. Her little boy, Robert, is one of Evan's friends and they get to spend time together in the summer playing T-Ball and sometimes going to the zoo, swimming lessons and such. Evan likes Robert but, Evan (see his birthday pic's) LOVES Robert's sisters who are 10 and 13. We constantly have to tell Evan that he is NOT Olivia or Kristen's boyfriend and needs to leave them alone - he is always saying he wants to kiss them or take them on a date, oiy I have a ladies man on my hands. He even worries about his hair and clothes if he thinks he is going to get a chance to see them. They are very pretty girls and boy would I be lucky if it did work out but, I think he will run them off chasing after them! Angie's oldest daughter, Kristen, was turning 13 this weekend and Angie had decided to throw her a very special hotel/indoor waterpark birthday party and asked me to help her chapherone the party Sat. night. I was so happy to get a chance to do girly things and hang out with one of my BFF's for the evening. I think we had more fun than they did - we probably went down the waterslides 20 times! After the girls got over that we were NOT letting them run around the hotel or the lobby chasing after some *hot* guys they saw at the waterpark, they had fun too - all the way up to 4:30am Sun. morning, LOL!!! We didn't dare go to sleep before they did in fear of shaving cream. Thanks for sharing the fun Angie, Kristen and Olivia!!!

Evan and Eric picked me up Sun. morning and treated me to my favorite breakfast at Cracker Barrel - brought me the most beautiful bouquet that Evan made at school out of tissue paper and markers and the sweetest cards - toughie me even cried. We went home and took a lovely (and much needed) afternoon nap. My brother and his family treated me, my Mom and my brother's SIL and her family to a delicious dinner at their house where I was spoiled with Barbara Walters book, a pair of the most comfy socks, a bookmark and dark chocolate!!!


What was most special -

That I have the Best Mom in the World who taught me everything I know and whom I consider my very Best Friend - Mom, I Love You!!!

That when I look at Evan I know that I'm so lucky God chose me to be his Mommy.... I Love him with everything I am - even when he jumps off the chair into my Mom's curio and breaks the glass out - thank God he didn't get a scratch.

That I have a husband that let's me go spend a fun night with friends and makes Evan feel special having a guy's night so I don't worry about him missing me (too much) and who let's me know how much he appreciates me. Evan has been seeing Dominoes commercials and kept wanting some - I'm more of a Little Ceasars pizza kind of girl so on guys night they had Dominoes and went and saw the puppies!

Thanks for treating me and Mom to dinner Munc and family - you always know how to spoil us girls!

1 comment:

The Portas said...

I love that you did the waterslides and slumber party! How fun. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. You have some keepers on your hands. Those boys sure are good to you. :)