Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Day of Pre-School & Vent Scan #4




I can't believe it, Evan's last day of his 1st year of preschool has come. I don't think he understands that he won't be going back for several months and that when he does he will not be in Ms. Tracy's class. I've told him this information but, I know he would be more upset if he really understood. He does get a sad look on his face when I told him this morning that this was his last day. Crazy for the kid who cried everyday the first couple of weeks. He never did make it through nap time, although I guess we didn't try, it just worked out for Mamaw to pick him up everyday right at naptime so maybe we'll try again next year. I wish I could slow down time and I'm glad he has 1 more year of preschool before kindegarden. I'm sure I'll be asked a kazillion times this summer if it is a school day, when do I go to school and I miss Ms. Tracy. Ms. Tracy - if you followed the link and miss Evan terribly during the summer give me a call, I'm sure my Mom would welcome the day off, LOL!


Next Friday Evan will be enduring his 4th Ventilation Profusion Scan at Kosair. For us this is a yearly deal due to that pesky narrowed left pulmonary artery. I hate having the test done, I hate waiting for the results and I hate when the results say we need a cath (which so far has been everytime.) There I got that out. Before Evan had a stent implementation in '06, the 1st Vent. Scan showed 85% pressure going to the right and 15% going to the left, after the stent it was R-71% & L-29%. Last Mar. it was R-76% and L-24%. They did another cath. last Apr. and decided that they would keep an eye on it but that Evan would definately need a conduit/valve replacement in the future but when in the future is unknown, even saying if we could wait until he was 10-12 he might be big enough for an adult size. Join us in prayer that the Doctors make the right decisions on when is the right time. For me... I pray the the %'s haven't changed much since last year and that a cath. isn't needed. Also pray for Evan, the hospital called today and b/c of his age and his cooperativeness the last few visits they would like to do the scan with no sedation. The less he is sedated the better but, I'm not sure he can handle the shot or IV of radioactive dye and not need sedation. Please pray for a wonderful nurse that gets him on the first stick and for us to be able to calm him (bribe him) into staying still on the table for the scan. I have a new webkinz on hand from his favorite girl, Olivia and a promised trip to the zoo up my sleeve for that day, any other suggestions.


Enjoy pic's of Evan's last day at school - one with the director who will be retiring and the other with his teacher.


3 comments:

Krystal said...

I am praying for good results from the scan, and I am praying for everything to go smoothly during that actual test! I remember last time that Evan was a MAJOR trooper, and I am sure that he will be again!!!

The Portas said...

Saying many prayers for good results and for cooperation and no sedation. What a big boy he is, leaving preschool behind!

Kathy said...

Big boy graduation!!! YEAH!!
(did he get a graduation gift??)

I'll be praying for good scan results...I can't believe you know all those pressure %'s...
Evan's a BIG BOY now..he'll do AWESOME!!!

Sending our love,
Kahy