Friday, September 26, 2008

Evan's Surgery Rescheduled

We received a call last night that an infant was born yesterday that needs emergency surgery so, Evan's surgery would need to be cancelled. I was at a loss somewhat - all this preparing and building up for the day to have it taken away. I cried... I had to tell Evan... then I thought of the family that would be enduring this walk with their newborn and remembered that God is in control. Who knows the reasons completely but... Jesus Loves us and is looking out for us. So... Evan's surgery has been rescheduled for the next Monday, October 6th. We seem to like October... Evan's first surgery was Oct. 26th. On my way to work this morning a song came over the radio just for me - the lyrics begin:

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my savior

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm praying for all of you! I heard "He's my son" on the way to work, and thought about you the whole time. (((HUGS)))

The Portas said...

I know this certainly ideal for you guys, BUT it is ideal for God and HIS plan (as you know). So sorry you have to push things back and deal with more anticipating, etc. Trust that for whatever reason, the 6th is Evan's Day. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs...xoxoxox