Thursday, September 04, 2008

Song of my heart

The year Evan was born I was introduced to a local family whose son also had the same CHD and although I wish we hadn't met on those terms this family has become family to me. (By the way this awesome family is welcoming baby #2 - Jameson, through adoption from Korea hopefully this week!!!)
We formed a group with another family - Team Brave Hearts and this has grown now to 12 families and we are gearing up for our 4th AHA Heart Walk and giving our 3rd Golf Scramble this Sunday. It gives us an outlet to raise awareness and join our families together for a good cause.
Every year I make a picture show of all the heart kids involved and it plays to music over and over at the Country Club so the golfers can see why they are there. I'll try to post it here.
There are several songs that play during the picture show and "He's my Son" by Mark Schultz plays during Evan's pictures.
There is one song this year though that seems to speak my heart and I wanted to share it - Celine Dion's "Miracle".

You're my life's one miracle
Everything I've done that's good
And you break my heart with tenderness
And I confess it's true
I never knew a love like this 'til you

You're the reason I was born
Now I finally know for sure
And I'm overwhelmed with happiness
So blessed to hold you close
The one that I love most
Though the future has so much for you in store
Who could ever love you more

The nearest thing to heaven
You're my angel from above
Only God creates such perfect love

When you smile at me I cry
And to save your life I'd die
With a romance that is pure in heart
You are my dearest part
Whatever it requires
I live for your desires
Forget my own, your needs will come before
Who could ever love you more

There is nothing you could ever do
To make me stop loving you
And every breath I take Is always for your sake
You sleep inside my dreams And know for sure
Who could ever love you more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGNQ9bu1mDk

1 comment:

The Portas said...

I hadn't heard that song before. The words are perfect! Teared up as I read through them and then teared up again as I listened to it. Thanks for sharing this. oxxo