Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Evans 1st Day of Kindergarten








I can't believe it!!! I dropped my baby off at real school this morning! He did AWESOME! I think it really helped that one of his BFF's from preschool - Olivia - her Mom - is his teacher. Parents if they choose can walk their kid in this week. We walked in and he found his cubby and his seat. There was a picture they could color - I have to add that Evan was the only one at his table that colored in the lines and wrote his name on his paper. He did ask me to stay for a minute - seemed in his eyes that he could be emotional. I stayed for about 15 min. and asked if I could leave and he said yes and gave me a kiss and a hug. I walked down the hall past one of his heart friends room and was going to peek in. Little guy was facing the door and ran for me when he saw me - he was upset. He asked to leave with me - said he didn't want to stay there all day. I told him that his Mommy would be back to get him soon - he said - right after lunch - and I said soon. I asked him to show me his cubby and his seat and he did and calmed down a bit. I went back to Evan's room and peeked in and his was coloring and fine. I left but had tears in my eyes - what a bittersweet moment to leave my little braveheart and his heart buddy at Kindergarten. Can't wait to pick him up and see how his first day went.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I hope that Evan had a great day! He looks so handsome with his polo shirt & backpack :)

The Portas said...

I'm in tears!! What a big, brave boy! I can't wait to hear how the rest of Evan's day went. The pictures are soooo sweet and cute. I hope his little heart friend got more comfortable throughout the day. Poor guy. How wonderful of you to help him feel better before leaving.

Looking forward to an update! xo