Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Kissing Hand and School Days






Evan absolutely Loves Kindergarten! He is so excited when he wakes up and can't wait to get there. He has a crazy memory and tells us EVERYTHING that went on when we pick him up! It is so cute...
On morning #2 he asked if I wanted to take 2nd day pictures and I said sure. He was wearing his new tennis shoes and said they gave him magic powers. I told him to show them to me and I would take a picture of that. The pictures are of him doing cartwheels down our driveway!
Last night while in the bath he dumped all of his bath toys out. I reminded him that he would have to pick them all up when bathtime was over and he said okay. When it was time to get out he asked for help and I said no... he gave me this long speech about how I must not understand how hard school is and that his voice hurt from singing in Music, that his feet hurt from gym, his ears hurt from the teacher, his tummy hurt from his lunch, etc. I laughed and hugged his wet little self and helped him pick up - I'm a sucker. He was a sweetie after that - we read Will - God's Mighty Warrior and cuddled.
Around 5 this morning he woke me up and asked for my hand and I gave it to him and he kissed it. I closed it and told him I got his kiss and he said that I was supposed to put the kiss on my cheek. He climbed up into bed with us and went back to sleep. I asked his teacher if they had read a story or something about that and she said yes that it is called The Kissing Hand. What a cute story. http://www.teachingheart.net/kissinghandideas.html
His teacher told me that today they are going to make gingerbread men and while they were gone to lunch the gingerbread men were going to run away, LOL.
He called as soon as my Mom picked him up and said school was "great"!
"Mommy... we made gingerbread men today and while we were gone washing our hands they ran off.... we searched all over the school for them. There were clues... one wall had some icing on it where they had ran past it. We searched everywhere and then we all cried because we couldn't find them. When we got back to our classroom they magically were back!!!"

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE that story...Eli read it last year too!

Sounds like he's got an awesome teacher...totally teaching "out of the box" and not a worksheet nut!

I just picture all the kids searching for the men...and crying...some shed tears...oh, so sad!!!

Evan looks so darn big! You just have to be so proud! Tell him that we're proud of him!!
and that I just LOVE his new, fancy, magic shoes!

The Portas said...

Oh my gosh! My heart ached reading your post today. It was filled with sweetness. Evan is such a sweet little spirit. I hope we can meet him one day.

I love how Kindergarten is bringing out fun qualities in him, and also that he loves being there so much!

The magical shoes pics are great. Ask him if they make those in a women's size 6??

Have a great week! THanks for putting a smile on my face this afternoon. xoxo