Friday, July 16, 2010

Monday is consult day with the cardio

This coming Monday, the 19th is the day we are meeting with Evan's cardio to break the news of surgery to him. I cannot say how much I appreciate our cardio - he is just an amazing guy. He is so good with Evan and I know Monday will be hard but, our cardio has a way of talking to Evan and the trust he has in him is amazing. I'm ready for Evan to know. I hate knowing and not being able to tell him - when I know he is thinking and worrying if he is off the hook for surgery or not. I think although he isn't going to like the answer the anxiety of not knowing has been hard on him too. So... Monday we will all know.
We have been staying busy. So busy that this week we have gone home everyday (other than Mon.) and rested. Evan even took a 3 hr. nap on Tue. at Mamaw's. This is the first nap he has taken in I believe 2 years so, I knew we were maybe doing too much. We had some of my Mom's family in a week ago and Evan & I got to spend 2 days with them. He Loves his cousin Malia - she is grown up and so cool he says. We spent one day at the movies and another at the zoo. Isn't the zoo picture of them with the gorilla awesome? He sat there like that with them for 5 minutes when I finally told them lets move on. He kept putting his feet and hands up to the glass to where they had their hands. He picked his nose too... yucko. They got to celebrate my Mom's birthday with us and we really enjoyed having them.
We also got to go to Great Wolf Lodge in Ohio with some friends that had an opportunity to get a great discount and invited us along. We always have a great time with this family - us wives are great friends - our husbands are great friends - our kids are best friends, just fun for everyone. We were so excited for the boys to get to have a sleep over and got the biggest room with a cabin inside that had bunk beds and another twin bed in it. We knew that our boys would never stay the night at each others house but this would be a safe way to have a sleep over. We should have saved the money and got the room with 2 King beds. They played in there and thought that was cool. But, come bedtime - the only person in there was the 2 year old and our big boys were in bed with us. Silly boys. I didn't take any pictures of their waterpark - and that is too bad because it is AWESOME! We stayed in there for 8 hours I believe swimming, doing obstacle courses, relaxing in the lazy river and sliding down slides. We went back the next morning again. The kids also got to do this wizard magic quest throughout the lodge that night and that was right up Evan's alley. We visted the Creation Museum on the way home and Evan was amazed at how the Ark was built and the petting zoo was fun and the gardens were beautiful. Again... no pictures. This weekend I get to do some school shopping for Evan with my Mom and Evan is going fishing with his Daddy and to see his dog Babe at Granny's. We also are getting some Munc time Sat. - we love when he visits. There is a birthday party thrown in too - I can't believe this little friend is 7. I was prego with Evan when I was in the waiting room to hear the good news of his arrival.



No comments: