Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Move to a twin bed or not???

Nothing much going on right now, things have been pretty quiet this past week. Last Thur.'s ballgame got rained out so Team Bravehearts didn't get to make their appearance. Evan was just as happy to go eat at Cracker Barrel, although he likes the store more than the restaurant, we always have to pick up some kind of toy/candy to keep him seated. Eating out is really tabboo for us still. Evan is so busy, he just can't stand to sit still and we always feel like we've ruined everyone's dinner around us. We've become more of a Golden Corral family than an O'Charley's one, if you can't get your food as soon as you sit down than Evan has waited too long and you might as well forget it. Evan is still having trouble sleeping, not sure if it is from being in the hospital or if it is just Evan. He has never been a good sleeper and when he was first born I was terrified to have him out of my sight and he slept in a co-sleeper bassinet in our room hooked to our bed for the first 4 months and even when we did move him to his crib in his room, if he cried I would go get him. For the last year I have gotten him to sleep in our bed and then once he is asleep Eric moves him to his crib and he will sleep there for about 1/2 the night from 9:00-2:00 and then he cries for us to move him to the chouch (couch), so off him and Eric go to the couch for the rest of the night 2:00-6:30. In all that's about 9 1/2 hrs. of sleep at night and then he usually takes a 2 hr. nap every afternoon. I'm not sure what to do at this point to make him a better sleeper. Everyone always jokes with me about not calling after 9 b/c even the slightest creek will wake him up, I'm not kidding if you step on part of the floor that creeks down the hall Evan will be wide awake! I'm sure it is my fault he is such a light sleeper but, when the doctor's scared the daylights out of me when he was born I just did the best I could and when I got him to sleep I just wanted everyone to be quiet to be sure not to wake him. He seems to sleep sound in our bed or on the couch so, we are thinking about getting him a big boy bed and see if that helps. Not sure if it is too early for that or not but, he seems to not sleep good in his crib. Advice on when other's moved their kiddos to twin bed's would be appreciated. Yesterday was my brother's birthday, Evan calls him Munc (Uncle Michael) he knows his name but when he first started talking, he couldn't say it and decided on Munc and now if you say his name Evan will say, "Uncle Michael's name is Munc." Happy Birthday Munc!!!

No comments: