Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Synagis Shots

This Friday is our last round of Synagis shots YIPEE!!!!!!!!! I know most people have no idea how happy I am about this or why I'm happy about this but believe me, I think we will throw a party Fri. night in celebration!!! Evan has had synagis shots from the time he was born from Oct.-Apr. so in all that is a total 17 months of having to get shots. When he was born he only had to have 1 shot each month but it is 1 shot for every 10 lbs. so by the next season when he was one he required 2 shots and this season he has required 3. These shots are muscle shots and are very painful. This season Evan is big enough that he knows what is going on and makes sure he lets myself and the nurses know he doesn't like it. He begs the nurse not to give him boo boo's and once myself and the other nurse restrain him, he begins begging for it to be the last one. When it is over he politely tells the nurse "Thank-You" and then asks for a blue sucker. Usually, we both leave with a tear streaked face. Tomorrow I think I will skip out of the office and sing a song.

No comments: