Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hives












My mom called yesterday after I got to work and asked if I had noticed the welps on Evan's back and I hadn't noticed any that morning. About an hour later she called again and said they were spreading and getting worse and I began to panic. I called the pedi. office which I seem to be bothering a lot this week, as last Fri. he ran a fever and I took him in and it was a cold and then again yesterday for the rash. They were surprised to see us again so soon since we haven't been there since the end of the RSV shots in April and now we are there twice within one week! They made us go through the contagious diseases entrance and we were ushered to a back room. Come to find out it is hives, an allergic reaction to "something" and upon examining him and everything he had eaten and done all weekend we cannot find anything that he hasn't done or eaten before. After 3 doses of benedryl every four hours the hives are almost gone. Evan didn't act like it bothered him at all! Hope everyone else is enduring this heat!!!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Yikes!! I'm glad to hear that the rash isn't bothering Evan. I hope that it clears up soon!

SUGGS FAMILY said...

Wow! I am glad it was just hives! I hope it clears up soon. My 4 yr old had something like this once, looked terrible and scared us to death