Sunday, October 21, 2007

Church

Have I said that I love Fall? Well, I'm sure I have but, where is it. We have a few good days and then today - high of 83?? My little country boy - I'm definately a city girl - my husband is a country boy - Evan - he woke up at 8:00 and in his cutest Bluegrass accent said, "Daddy, lets go get some crickets and wax worms and go fishing - Mommy, I'm going to bring you home some good fish." Um, who is going to cook this fish??? So here I am with a morning to myself and I feel lost. Usually we would be in church but to be honest here we are having a really hard time with that. I have been a member of the same church my entire life - I met Eric there 10 years ago - married there 7 years ago - lots of memories. About 7 years ago a lot of changes happened and I really believed that those things that began to bother me would pass and I should continue to hang in there. Evan was born and under the direction of his Dr. we steered clear of church and places there would be lots of kids. Evan had his surgery at 9 months old and we had probably only been to church 5 times - so weird for people who were in church 3 times a week and also attended local seminary. During our quarantine we were hurt by the lack of support and then after surgery we returned and felt so out of place. I loved Evan's Sunday School class and it was so good for him so we continued to go for that reason. Now, we never go.... I need to be uplifted but how??? I'm not feeling it at my lifelong membership church - so I guess I need to go elsewhere. Our house is on the market and I keep saying we are going to go back after we move so we can find somewhere close to our new home but, things are moving slowly so that could be a while. Have I just become really picky? Is it me - my attitude that I'm not feeling it? I want a place where people can be real, no pretending. That I feel shouldn't be so hard to find. I'm thinking the search better begin soon.


I missed Favorite Foto Friday but, here they are, We had boo at the zoo this week and I think I mentioned in the last post that Evan wanted to be a skeleton and we found one we like at Pottery Barn but it was $50 - check the link - how did I do? I made it for $12.


http://www.potterybarnkids.com/content/features/halloween/stylehouse.cfm?cm_src=bil_spookyhalloween_f3v2&cm_type_type=flash




2 comments:

The Portas said...

I can totally relate to you about the church thing. At times in my life I've felt judged and picked apart more in church than anywhere else... It's tough to keep a close relationship with god without it, though. Good luck!

Pics are cute! The skeleton costume is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I've seen both sides of the coin on the church thing. I have been surrounded by uplifting and supportive people and not - I have found that I can't let other people decide how I live my life - so even in the tough moments I kept going no matter what, and the funny thing was is that at those times is when I found some of the best friends because they were rare and harder to find. I wish you luck in your search and pray you find something that will bring you peace, happiness, and support.

I love the pics!