Friday, December 14, 2007

FFF - Evan's visit with Santa

With Eric working so many hours it became a habit this summer to snuggle in my bed with Evan and read books and we always ended up falling asleep. Eric would move Evan into his bed whenever he got home. When things started to slow down a bit for Eric and he was home at bedtime he started going to Evan's room and reading to him but, he always fell asleep before Evan and ended up sleeping most of the night with him. Mind you, that before Eric's change in schedule this summer Evan has been happily sleeping in his own bed alone with no trouble. When Eric wakes up sometime around 2 or 3am he gets up and comes to our bed and in no time we hear Evan's little feet coming down the hall to our room. We have spent many many nights lately with the 3 of us snuggled side by side. My back has been hurting so badly that I told Eric we really need to try to get him sleeping again in his bed and the last two night he has, all night!
This Morning I told Evan that after lunch I would take him to see Santa. A few minutes later Evan said "Mommy, you be Santa"
M - "Okay, I'm Santa"
E - "Santa, do you remember me, it's Evan"
M - "of course I remember you"
E - "I slept in my bed the whole night last night"
M - "good for you, maybe there will be an extra gift in your stocking"
E - "Thanks for forgiving me when I'm bad too"
This followed with his gift request. I was cracking up. I'll post a picture of him with Santa tonight for FFF.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

That story is so cute.

I'm glad the sleeping in his own bed has worked!