Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My baby is growing up

My little baby boy is really growing up. He has slept in his own bed in his own room twice this week and is doing it on his own accord. None of us have felt wonderful since Saturday - the Ohio Valley is really attacking our sinus'. We have all been kind of quiet and needing lots of down time. On Sunday night, I was in bed reading and Evan decided that he wanted to go to his room and watch TV and he fell asleep and slept there until about 3am and came to my bed. Last night he told me he thought he would sleep in his bed but wanted someone to sleep with him. We told him no but that we would read and he was okay with that. He slept there until about 6am. He was really proud of himself and we are too! I'm letting him and his Daddy work on this transition as him sleeping with me is mostly my fault and I love my snuggle time with him.
Something I don't believe I wrote about when I did his bday post on things I wanted to remember is bath time. Every evening when I announce that it is bathtime Evan whines and asks for 5 more minutes. When I do finally get him to the bathroom and into the tub his mood completely changes. He sits under the spout letting the warm water hit him in the back and wants quiet - just sits there and enjoys it. When the water is turned off he lays down and soaks forever. He usually requests that the jets be turned on. Then when he is done relaxing he has a few little toys and he plays and plays. I get time to myself during bathtime - usually sitting on my bed where I can see him in the tub reading and he just plays away - making sounds for the toys. When the water starts to get cool he asks that I put in more water and when we say no asks for a few more minutes. Seriously... I think bathtime takes us at least a half hour. He is so my child.

Changing subjects and updating my last post. My Mom's bestfriends Son-in-Law went kayaking with friends last Wed. and was seen struggling in the water. Emergency responders and friends were there within minutes but could not locate John. The search has been extensive and sadly I report that his body has still not been found. We went to be with the family on Sat., you just wish there was something you could do... but there is not. Auntie... I know you read my blog and I want you to know how much we love you all and are praying that John be found.

http://www.state-journal.com/news/article/4540044

2 comments:

The Portas said...

Evan is growing up into such a special little man. How fun. Elijah just loves bath time, too. He goes bonkers when I say the words "bath time." It sounds like for Evan it's a special little alone time for himself.

I'm so sorry to hear he hasn't been found yet. We'll say more prayers tonight....xoxo

Kathy said...

Evan and his bathtime...must be a boy thing...Eli and Chris LIVE in the tub...they don't care how cold the water gets.

I love my snuggle time with my boys too...I just wish we could buy 2 king beds, push them together, and snuggle together all night.
(does that make me sound wierd??)
(I guess their future wives would think so!)

I'm sorry too about your mom's friend...we will keep their family in our prayers.

Tell Evan that we're proud of him and sleeping in his room....the force must be with him!!!