Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thankful

We were on the holiday run all last week so this has been my first chance to do a Thankful post. I'm known in my family for being full of drama and a bit of a complainer - hey, I'm being honest here. Although this is probably true, there are many times after the drama ends and the complaints are voiced that I sit back and see how truly blessed I am. Several topics come to mind that I'm thankful for this year. First of all is my faith in Jesus Christ - I know that I would not have made it through the last few years without my faith in him. I have failed him more often than I care to admit here but I'm thankful for his saving grace and like I said when the complaints are voiced I often turn to prayer and am reminded that there is so so much to be thankful for. Evan - I'm so thankful for my beautiful little boy. He smiles, his hugs, his smooches, everything about having him in my life has made me a better person. Just last night I told him this Friday I would take him to see Santa Clause and he started naming off everything he would tell him he wanted and then he turned to me and said, "Mommy, I'll tell him you want that new vacuum cleaner (Dyson)" I was so touched that he remembered me saying something about that. He can certainly be a handful but a sweetie too! Two Sunday's ago his Sunday School class sang "This Little Light of Mine" in the service and tears filled my eyes seeing our little miracle up there singing away with all the other kids - what a gift he is! It has been a hard few years for my husband and I as far as our relationship goes - I'm so thankful that we stuck together and made it through such a hard time in our lives and that we never gave up. We were always the couple everyone envied and when we started our CHD journey with our only child we lost sight of each other and I'm thankful we found it again. I'm thankful for many other things but the last I'll go into detail here is I'm so very thankful for my Mom. My Mom without many complaints, keeps Evan everyday so I can work and help Eric provide a home and insurance for our family. This has been such a blessing to us to know that he is cared for by someone we trust completely just minutes from my work. He loves being with his Mamaw, Thank you Mom.
Hoping all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Blogger is being a pain - so I'll have to post some new pic's later.

P.S. Becky - I'm so sorry we were unable to get together while you were in town - my parents decided to have their Thanksgiving on Fri. so we were there all day and then we had family members that came in from out of town Sat. for a surprise b-day party for an Aunt. I hope you all had a great time visiting with your family and a safe trip home.

1 comment:

SUGGS FAMILY said...

We did thanksgiving on Friday too...dinner wasn't ready until 4pm. Sorry it didn't work out but I had a blast :) The weather was beautiful too!