Monday, November 06, 2006

Sorry so much silence this past week or so and for no pictures from our celebration for Evan's 2 year post-op. It rained so hard that I thought I was going to have to turn around and go home and ruin my diet by Evan and I eating all those cupcakes myself!!! It was all I could do to grab the container of cupcakes and Evan and run in the doctors office - we still got soaked!! Besides, Evan's beloved cardio - Dr. McOmber was busy with a patient and we weren't even able to see him so we visited with the nurses and then went on to the pedi. to drop their treats off. When I got to the pedi. the nurse said, "Oh, hi I was just getting ready to call you b/c we finally got the flu shot in for Evan's age and weight group - do you want to do it while your here?" I had been waiting for that to arrive and didn't want them to run out and Evan not get it so I agreed. When Evan found out we were staying there for a reason other than delivering treats he was soooo upset. He kept crying and crying and saying, "Mommy you said we were delivering treats - no shots!!!!" I'm sure when all was said and done that everyone at that office was glad to see us go and I was glad to go! It was fun but I could have done without the rain and the flu shot! We have a busy week coming up - Daddy and Papaw leave for their yearly hunting trip this Fri. and will be gone for a week! Mamaw and I will be staying together and enjoying some shopping, Evan willing, and not cooking! I look forward to this time I get to spend with my mom but it always makes me realize how much I depend on Eric, I'm going to miss him. Evan's checkup with the cardio is on the 16th of this month so pray that things are still going well and that he can possibly come off of Aspirin and Digoxin. His little legs are so bruised from jumping around and just playing rough he is all boy, he bruises so easily!

No comments: