Saturday, January 10, 2009

My boy's imagination

Had to jot a few things down lest I forget them. We took Evan to see BOLT recently and he LOVED it. Has talked nothing other than Bolt for weeks. Penny and Bolt are now his imaginary friends. He talks to them all the time. I hear him in the back seat saying, "Okay Penny... yes Penny... no we can't do that Penny" LOL. I picked him up from preschool and his early care teacher told me that he had been whispering and that she asked him who he was talking to and he told her his sister, Penny. So now Penny and Bolt do everything and go everywhere with us. I never had a make believe friend - have any of you?
Also... I was dropping Evan off at school and his BFF Olivia's Mom said, I have to tell you something Evan told Olivia yesterday. He told her that the tiger from the Louisville Zoo got loose and came to our new house and that they had to come capture it. Evan had come out to hug me bye and I asked him where I was while this was happening... he just smiled and said, "that was just a story besides, Olivia made me loose my naptime skittle yesterday." So... I guess Ms. Debbie gives a skittle to them if they behave and rest during naptime and Evan was going to scare her for "making" him loose his skittle, LOL.
This is for Stephanie and Jason - our friends who brought home baby Jameson through adoption recently. Evan has his own language now... he said that it is called, "Evanese."

2 comments:

Kathy said...

He's such a cute little guy...
seriously...he and Eli would talk each other's heads off!

The Portas said...

Oh wow, this is great! I'm intrigued by creative imaginations. When I was little I had four imaginary friends and they followed me everywhere. I even knew what each of them looked like and sounded like. Now I see that Elijah is already doing some imaginary "talking" and I find it fascinating how minds work...especially at such a young age.

How funny...Evanese.. and the tiger-skittle story made me giggle. What a funny little person he is. :)