Monday, January 26, 2009

Stomach Bug & Brian

We have been dealing with a nasty stomach bug since Thur. night. It started with Evan, then my parents, then Eric and then this morning me. Everyone else has seemed to recover within 24 hrs. but... Evan has held on and continues to bother him. It's not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning but he is still having some issues. The Dr. didn't feel he was contagious at this point but Evan was worried about a possible accident at school so he stayed home with me today.
On the the Brian part of the post.
Ever since we moved and got a new home phone # we have received creditor and personal calls for a certain Brian. I have called creditors back and answered personal calls to avoid futher calls for Brian and explained that this is no longer his number. It has slowed down but this one creditor continue to call and so last week I was a little aggervated and called the creditor and said... "how many times do I have to call you and explain that this is no longer his number and that there is no Brian at this residence." They apologized and promised there would not be any further calls from them. Today I was fixing some toast and Evan was playing with his little play cell phone. He made the ringing noise and came running and said, "Mommy, it is for you." I had my hands full and asked him who it was... his reply... "It's Brian N***." I busted out laughing and he said, "No Brian lives here... we have a new number and want you to quit calling" and finished by letting out a long sigh. He is so my child.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

oh...that's soo funny!

I hope the yuckies are gone!
Ok...you've read that we've had a crazy week here...
but, I'm keeping an eye on the clock so that we can call you again when it's not too late!
(I wish I would have known that you were playing hookie today...I would have called!)

glad that there's a little drama in your world too...I shouldn't have all the fun!

The Portas said...

That is hilarious! Evan has it down!! Sounds like this Brian guy has some financial stuff going on..

I hope Evan's little bug is getting better. Poor little guy. Lots of prayers and hugs from us!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Maybe you could call the phone company and see if they will change your number again.