Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Catfish Festival

Thanks for everyone's concern, Evan is doing just fine now. His fever left Fri. night and has not returned and no other symptoms other than a lot of wax in his ear last night after bath time. Maybe it was a slight ear infection or teething, who knows. We met last Sat. night with our Heart Walk team and I'm so excited about all we have planned for this year's Kentuckiana Heart Walk, more to come later about that. Eric and my dad are leaving this Fri. for the catfish festival that is in Morgantown, KY where my family is from. This is a 4 day festival where the Green River is stocked with tagged catfish and if you catch a tagged fish and turn in the tag, then all tags are put in for a drawing for up to $50,000. Of course every year they come back with all their stories on how they had a fish hooked and saw the tag and it got away, LOL. I think they enjoy taking my dad's boat out more than anything else! So, Evan and I will be staying at mom's from Fri.-Tue. because I'm a whimp and hate staying home alone. I use to go to the festival - thought it was lots of fun when I was a kid. They have carnival rides those four day's at the Butler County Fair and I loved staying with my cousins. I still would love to see the family but, the fair doesn't hold it's sparkle like it use too and we have the Kentucky State Fair in Louisville so, I'll take Evan to that. I'm such a home body (mine or my parents) and do not like the whole packing everything you can imagine you might need now that I have a kiddo. So, the city women (me and my mom) along with Evan will be shopping and eating out while our country husbands are fishing. Bring home the money!!!

No comments: