Monday, June 05, 2006

The Family

We have been on the go ever since our vacation. Every year my dad's family which consists of 15 brothers and sisters and a bunch of cousins and 2nd cousins get together for Memorial Day at our family park, The Coots Park in Morgantown KY. This side of my family is huge but, I feel very blessed to have each and everyone of them in my life. For those of my cousins who are more like sisters, I love ya and am so happy we got to spend a little time together and can't wait until your visit later this summer! This weekend Evan's new bed came in and we put it together in a rush Fri. night. I was real worried about how he would do but, HE LOVES IT!!! He just jumped and laughed when he saw it, he is doing really good with it and is sleeping all night in there by himself. We also went this weekend with my mom's family and put flowers on Mamaw's grave however Evan and I spent most the time in the church because Evan kept saying he needed to potty. Finally I told him to quit telling me he needed to go if he really didn't need to and he said, "but Mommy I just needed a little air, it is hot outside" ha, ha my city slicker loves air conditioning. I never get to see my mom's side of the family so I was excited to see them but, I should have known there would be no visiting for me while Evan was around. (ha)
Please remember a friend of mines friend's family in prayer. They had a little girl last week, Alyssa. She was born with coarctation of the aorta with other defects and the surgeon (same one as Evan's) said that either he will be able to fix it in the operating room or she will not come out of there. They are just trying to buy time for her to grow and she is really shocking them that she can hold her own right now.
Also for Sophia (see blog to the right) she had her cath. this week, which was successful and is having surgery later this month.

No comments: