Monday, June 12, 2006

My Birthday is Over

My birthday was back in Nov. but my DH bought me season tickets to the Broadway of Louisville so my birthday lasted from Nov. until yesterday. My brother and his family and my mom also got tickets so we have spent 5 Sundays together the last 6 months seeing; The King and I, Annie, Hairspray, Tuesdays with Morrie and yesterday my favorite, Little Women. I sure have had a blast. Yesterday especially made me miss my college days. I majored in Music and I miss singing. It's weird, I went to college for Music and it was my life for 5 years, (yes it took me 5 years to get a major and a minor, I spent one semester crying over a boy) and now the only songs I sing are "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and the such. I was so proud of our college choir and all we accomplished, we even sang at the 2001 Presidential Inauguration. Man does time change a person, I'm not sure I could do all that now. Anyway, seeing the show yesterday reminded me of how much I love to sing and love music and how it was not too long ago that I was on that very stage singing (only in the choir, I'm not a soloist). Anyway, I can't wait until Oct. and hope that somehow I get tickets again, I really really enjoyed myself.
Sat. we took Evan to see Cars with my BF Kelley and her little boy Logan. Boy did they have fun, mostly eating popcorn and sno-caps, found out they are really good together, yummy. Neither kid lasted through the whole show but we did see all but about 20 minutes of it. Kelley and I grew up next door to one another and stayed neighbors until I was 8 and then they moved 12 miles away. Kelley and I thought that it was the end of our friendship and I still have the Strawberry Shortcake notecard that says, "Sarah, I will miss you and I hope that you find another bestfriend. Love, Kelley". Needless to say we still spent every weekend together and the friendship has grown through the years and now that we are both parents we have big plans for our boys to be best of friends, I guess they will decide that but we are going to give them plenty of opportunities. Not sure how many people stay so close with their childhood friends but, I count myself very lucky.

No comments: