Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Support

Most of you that keep up with our blog already know baby Sammy but, for those of you that don't please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he is having his 2nd OHS on Wed. (see blog to right.) Sammy is such a cutie and his mom's blog always makes me smile.
I know that support means a lot to CHD families and in hard times it really means so much to know that people are thinking and praying for you. Because of this, myself and a few other local heart mom's that I've become very close to had our very first Mended Little Hearts meeting last night to start a chapter here in Louisville. We will be under Mended Hearts who already has a chapter here until we get established but then will break off into our own group. You have to have 10 members to begin a group and last night we had 4 CHD families show up for the meeting so, I believe we are off to a good start. I'm excited to be a part of this group and get to know these families more and become a support system for new CHD families in our area.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wish I lived locally! I'd so be there!

You know, it's just neat to watch all the CHD bloggers 'circle the wagons' when another baby is going in for surgery. I've never seen a more selfless caring bunch of people.

Anonymous said...

I was just saying the same thing to Jay, Erin. It's like we've got our own special little group here.

Thanks so much for thinking of us today and for praying/sending good vibes to Sammy. I truly believe it really helps. I know the support means so much to Jay - and it really helps having people who understand what we're going through out there thinking of us.