Monday, July 10, 2006

Ventilation Perfusion Scan

Evan's cardio called and scheduled his follow up Ventilation Perfusion Scan for Aug. 11th. They had told us they would do this a few months after the stent implementation to be sure the pressures are more equal now that the stent is in the left pulmonary artery, before the stent, the pressures were right side - 85% and left side - 15%. I know that it is nothing serious but I'm already nervous about the results. I'm wondering how often a stent implementation is done and the pressures don't equal out and why they wouldn't being the arteries are more equal size now. I'm sure this must have happened before or they wouldn't do a Vent. Perf. scan to be sure. If it's not more equal what can they do to make it so? Evan is now 2 1/2 yrs. old and when he was born we were so anxious about his surgery and thought that afterwards he would be "fixed" not totally understanding the lifetime follow ups and other procedures that would be needed to keep him healthy. Makes the Heart Walk a little more special and personal again being that the money raised could make a future procedure less invasive (cath. valve implementation) a possibility for our little miracle. I'm so thankful for my little boy and wish I worried less and enjoyed each moment more. Sorry about not posting any pic's of our little Braveheart lately I keep leaving the digital camera on and running the $15.00 battery down and haven't broke down and told hubby that I've done it again (wouldn't be a big deal except that this is probably the 4th time I've done this.) We took him to ride on Thomas the Tank Engine this weekend, it stops in Bardstown once a year, I'll just say we'll never do that again, thousands of screaming kids in the hot humid Kentucky weather, ick! Definately not worth the bucks it took for the 25 min. ride.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Although I'm still on this side of the surgery, I can understand your worry. I'm sure you are just anxious to hear (again) that the stent is doing it's job and that everything is OK. I hope that you get the most wonderful news and that you guys can take a break from worrying for a while :)