Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Mom

Today is my mom's birthday and I want to post what an amazing women she is but, before I do I would like for all reading this to say a prayer for Sophia (see blog to the right) and her family as she is having another open heart surgery today.
My mom did not work but stayed home and was always there when any of us needed her. For me it was running me to school, church, choir practice (I was at one time involved with 3 choirs), being camp cook and many other activities. She gave everything to her family and thought of us above herself always. She was always late, but always there. She is the type of person who cannot go to the grocery once a week but finds a few things she needs to run and pick up every few days, her out I suppose. She always stayed up when I was a teenager and dating until I returned home and was someone I could never lie to, she could look at me and I would break down and tell the truth, even if it meant I would be in trouble. When I finished college and was still working part time we enjoyed walking together in the mornings and I was sad when I got a fulltime job thinking our time together would be less and less. When I became pregnant with Evan she was turning 60 and told me she would keep the baby for me at least a few days a week. She was by my side during the labor and was the one who helped me check out and took me to the childrens hospital to be by his side. She took turns coming back to see her new grandson and only grandbaby and spend the rest of the time in the waiting room to see if there was anything she could do for us and praying. Eric and I would leave the hospital around midnight and found comfort in my parent's home and returned each morning at 6:00. After Evan's condition was found and all the restrictions were given my mom came and spent most of 2 months at my home helping me to remain calm and enjoy my new baby. She learned all the signs of distress and listened intently after every doctors appointment to what the doctors plans were and how to be the best caregiver to Evan as she now agreed that when I returned to work she would keep Evan all week. What a blessing that has been to not have to put Evan in daycare and to be able to know that he is minutes from my work with my mom. During Evan's surgery and heart cath's she has been there by our side and also been the one to call many family member's and keep everyone updated. She came daily to the hospital after Evan's surgery, bringing him much joy to see his Mawmaw. I wanted Evan to call my parents Grandmother and Grand Daddy but Evan had his own names in mind and they are Mawmaw and Pawpaw. He loves them so much and come Mon. is excited to be going back to their home after the weekend, which he says, Daddy and Mommy's home is mine and Mawmaw and Pawpaw's home is mine too. When Eric is working late or on a hunting/fishing trip with my dad Evan and I always stay with my mom in my old room and I cannot begin to express the comfort that brings me to not have to stay alone and the ways she spoils us while we are there. She gives my baby so much love and care and we are so blessed. I could go on and on but, I cannot begin to thank you enough Mom for your friendship and support you have given me throughout my life and the love and care you now give my baby, your sweetheart. (Evan will always answer that he is mommy's baby but Mawmaw's sweetheart.) Happy Birthday Mawmaw!

No comments: