Monday, October 13, 2008

Breakouts




Things have been going well... his fever has returned to normal as of yesterday. He is able to pee now with no pain. The only weird thing going on now is that when he woke up yesterday morning he had a horrible fever blister on the left upper side of his lip and on the left side of his nose there are 4 really bad looking bumps - almost like pimples... He has never had any face breakouts so I'm not sure what is going on. I called the cardio and he didn't feel like it was anything to be super concerned about, just to watch it and maybe call our pedi. and see if they were willing to look at pic's of it online - if your our pedi. and reading this... Thank you for avoiding a trip in for this. There are also some peeling going on... almost like he had a sun burn and now it's peeling. The peeling areas are only above his eyes and on his neck which are all places there was tape so we are assuming this is a reaction to the tape. So... we are treating the fever blister with some Arbonne cold sore treatment and will wait and see if the pedi. has any ideas about the bumps. Thanks for checking in on our little guy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah - you have been in our prayers and I have been following Evan's progress, even though I haven't been able to comment. I'm glad things have gone well, and I am sorry about the frustration of the fever and blisters and such - I am glad though that the fever is down. I hope the fever blisters heal quickly.

We continue to pray for all of you.

Vanessa said...

Still praying for a speedy recovery!!

Kathy said...

YEAH for pee!!!
Maybe the bumps are just a reaction to the meds (like a small case of hives)...
poor little man!
I'm glad he only has a few bumps to worry about right now!

The Portas said...

Poor thing, it's just one little thing after another. I'm so happy to hear that the fever went down on it's own. PHEW!!!

You know, Kathy might be right. Elijah got weird bumps all over and in all different shapes and sizes for a few weeks after his last surgery. They were a reaction to the drugs he had taken while in the hospital and went away quickly.

Give him a hug for me...oxoxx