Thursday, October 09, 2008

You will not believe this

We had a good night... we all were able to sleep. His bladder is still giving him some trouble. It takes about 45 min. to pee. It is not that Evan doesn't want to pee or isn't trying to pee, it is that his bladder is spasming and then trying to get through the narrowing in the uretha. His is on med's for this and they hope they will start to help things get easier.
Dr.'s made their rounds this morning and said his chest x-ray looks clear and that his heart is doing wonderful. They echo showed the same. So... we are being discharged!!!! Can you believe it? Just 3 days post op and we are going home. Of course getting out could take all day but... sometime after lunch we should be heading out of here.
Hopefully recovery at home will continue to be good. He hasn't had his pain med. since yesterday afternoon. He is only taking Ibuprofin and his med for his bladder.
What a testiment this is - everyone is amazed.
My boy has been so brave and sweet and such a good patient. We have spent a lot of time in the bathroom and he will be trying and he will say, "Mommy... I just need a kiss, I Love you." I will be talking to him or sitting him and I'll just start crying and he'll ask if I'm okay and I keep telling him yes... just so happy. He is a miracle and we are so blessed.

6 comments:

Krystal said...

I got chills when I read that most wonderful line - you are being discharged!!! This is so incredible. Evan is so incredible!

I will continue to pray for his recovery and to pray that the bladder issues are resolved very soon.

Evan you are a brave, brave heart!!!!!!!

The Portas said...

He TRULY is a miracle! Wow, going home so soon, I can't believe it either. This is amazing. What a star you are, Evan!

I will continue to pray that the bladder issues gets better. Poor little guy, working so hard to pee. What a sweetie.

Take care, and I'm excited to read a post FROM HOME! YYAYAYAayaayy! xoxoxx

Anonymous said...

Your family and Brave Evan are proof that prayers work. You have tremendous support. Tears are flowing I'm so glad to hear good news. Love, Bethann

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!! We'll keep the prayers coming. Stay strong, you'll be home soon!

Mark, Ginny, and Alyssa

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news to hear!!! Praise GOD!! Jenn/UPS

Beya said...

I am so glad you get to go home!!! Everything is better and easier at home. Maybe he will be able to pee easier there also. What a brave little boy you have. Yea! Going Home!!!!