Friday, October 17, 2008

Surprise Packages

Evan has been surprised by the UPS man so much this past week or so since we have been home. I told my Thank you to our awesome friends and family that came and supported us while at the hospital. This is a shout out to all of those who have sent cards, left messages on his blog, sent gifts, called and prayed for us post-op. We have gotten so many cards... most from people we don't even know - telling us they are praying and are amazed at the wonder God has done.
My friends at work... Thank You for the huge delivery of candy, chips, cokes, etc... I believe we got that the day after we got home and it brought a smile to his face, as you see in the pictures... Do you see that huge plastic tub??? I've had to ration his goodies to a few a day but... he loves it.
Angie... I shook my head the next day when the UPS guy came again... I'm blessed to have met you and can count you as a friend. Evan LOVED getting a gift from his girlfriends... and Robert, LOL!
Today we got a gift from one of our fellow Brave Heart families. Shannon and family... he was so happy to get another surprise. The card touched my heart. Evan's card... well we danced... yes, we believe Evan is Rock Star too!
Also today we received another gift from our local American Heart Association. We have worked closely with our local AHA since our group began - all of our fundraisings go to them and they help us get the word out too. Evan was so excited that he got another gift. He can't wait until tomorrow night to take his card and go pick a movie out for movie night. The girl we are most familiar with at AHA's name is Johnna and she is such a sweet and kind person... she is also a TOF survivor and her spunk and zest for life give all of us parents a smile.
So today... we tried to pack a bit, played Bingo, shined Halloween flashlights, colored, played with stickers books. Thanks to everyone of you for making our Little Braveheart feel special - and like a Rock Star!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hopefully those packages will continue to come as he recovers!!

Beya said...

I just got back from a week gone, and I am so glad Evan is doing so well. I did have Cameo read me your blog over the phone because Evan was running a fever when I left so I had to know he was doing ok. :) Thank God he is doing so well. Still praying.