Thursday, October 16, 2008

First post-op checkup

We had a cardio visit and everything looked well per our cardio. They did the usual EKG and echo. Evan was dreading the removal of the stiches. I had put some numbing cream the hospital gave me on them but... we couldn't lie to him that there would still probably be some discomfort. Maybe we should have fibbed a bit. Evan LOVES his cardio and always does exactly as his asks. Today... well... he still LOVES his cardio but he was screaming his head off. Poor cardio, we could hardly keep him still long enough to let him get the tweezers around them to pull them out. It went fine and after 2, Evan realized it didn't hurt so bad and calmed down. He was all smiles on the way out. We even got to visit Mamaw and Papaw's - talk about cabin fever - we didn't know what to do with ourselves out of the house. We will have an appt. every two weeks for a while.
I was keeping a secret but... it looks as though things are final and I can talk about it now. We had so much trouble with the last contract on our home that I dared not speak of it until it seemed for sure. BUT... our house sold!!! It has been 1 yr. on the market - 1 yr. of my house been so clean... When we found out about Evan's surgery we immediately called our Realtor and asked that our home be taken off the market. That is when we planned our trip to Indy and left for the weekend. We had numerous calls from our Realtor saying people had called and wanted to see the house. We said go ahead, but it would have to be an offer we couldn't refuse for us to accept it and they would have to be willing to be flexible on when the move happened. I believe we had 6 showings that week and 2 offers... after all this time. One offer was good and the guy was willing to work with us on closing and we set a date 4 weeks post surgery. We began the look for a new home and the deal was settled the Thur. before Evan's scheduled surgery. Boy were we busy that week. Then Evan's surgery was cancelled. Although that was upsetting I felt God telling me to slow down.. enjoy my extra time and I did. I took that week off work and just spent some really special time with Evan - not worrying about the houses. So... now we will be leaving 3 weeks post-op but... I think Evan is good for the move. Pray for us. Pray that both closings are successful and that the move is quick and easy for Evan. Honestly... I CAN'T WAIT!!! We will be so much closer to everyone we love and everything we are involved with. A turn of a new chapter for us. It will be bittersweet... this home holds lots of memories for us and the only home Evan has ever known but... I can't wait to make new memories and make our new home, "home".

3 comments:

Kathy said...

OH...I'm so glad that his heart is doing good. YUCK..I don't think I would be still for staples to be removed. YEAH for selling your house!!! Evan will love it...you know what to say to him all the time...you guys will do great!
Love,
kathy

Vanessa said...

Glad the visit went well!

Just imagine all the memories you will be building in your new home! Praying for a smooth move for all of you!

The Portas said...

Congrats on the new house and the good cardio check! I can't wait till we can move into a different house. It's so fun (minus the moving/packing). Praying everything works out for you guys! xoxo